About the Department of Administration
We provide quality, dynamic services to Idaho state agencies, businesses, and citizens by:
- Promoting effective and innovative business practices through technology.
- Facilitating purchasing and cost savings through statewide contracts and streamlined processes.
- Providing services to minimize overhead and operating costs throughout state government.
- Effectively managing and protecting facilities assets and controlling on-going building lease expenses.
- Offering competitive benefits to attract and retain excellent employees.
Submit a Public Records Request
More information about the Insurance and Internal Support
- Administrative Rules: Assures APA compliance in rule-making and publishes and provides centralized access to all agency rules. Provides training in the rulemaking, rule writing and legislative review process.
- Risk Management: Provides placement and maintenance of property/casualty insurance and self-funded coverage for state agencies; administers claims; assists agencies with safety/loss control issues.
- Group Insurance: Administers employee group insurance and wellness programs for state employees and retirees, including medical, dental, life, integrated behavioral health, and disability coverages.
- Industrial Special Indemnity Fund: Adjudicates total and permanent disability claims and benefits, resulting from "second injury" in the workplace.
- Human Resources: Manages employee recruitment, retention, classification, policies, payroll, training, and travel activities for the Department of Administration.
- Current Department of Administration job openings
- Financial Services: Provides financial accounting, analysis, budget preparation, and internal control functions for the Department of Administration.
- Design & Construction: Develops budgets, oversees architect/engineer selection, technical review of plans, supervises bidding process, administers construction projects for buildings, roofing, and asbestos abatement programs.
- Facilities Management: Provides statewide property management needs, environmental control and custodial and security services. Facilities Services staff also maintains Capitol Mall grounds and buildings, manages the Idaho Falls and Lewiston State Office Buildings, and administers Mall parking and security.
- Facilities Leasing: Provides assistance in locating office space, statewide leasing analysis and lease preparation.
- The Office of the CIO oversees and maintains the state portal. Manages interagency electronic mail, assists with web page development, and supports small agencies. Coordinates statewide data network and internet access. Provides wide and local area network support. Develops and implements statewide IT security strategies. Coordinates incident response.