We provide quality, dynamic services to Idaho state agencies, businesses, and citizens by:
- Promoting effective and innovative business practices through technology.
- Facilitating purchasing and cost savings through statewide contracts and streamlined processes.
- Providing services to minimize overhead and operating costs throughout state government.
- Effectively managing and protecting facilities assets and controlling on-going building lease expenses.
- Offering competitive benefits to attract and retain excellent employees.
Our Strategic Plan directs our efforts, provides our guiding values, and measures our success. You can also view our Performance Measurement Report.
More information about the Insurance and Internal Support
- Risk Management: Provides placement and maintenance of property/casualty insurance and self-funded coverage for state agencies; administers claims; assists agencies with safety/loss control issues.
- Group Insurance: Administers employee group insurance and wellness programs for state employees and retirees, including medical, dental, life, integrated behavioral health, and disability coverages.
- Industrial Special Indemnity Fund: Adjudicates total and permanent disability claims and benefits, resulting from “second injury” in the workplace.
- Human Resources: Manages employee recruitment, retention, classification, policies, payroll, training, and travel activities for the Department of Administration.
- Current Department of Administration job openings
- Financial Services: Provides financial accounting, analysis, budget preparation, and internal control functions for the Department of Administration.
- Postal and Copy Services: Full mailing services from creation to delivery with Copy/Print Services producing the piece, inserting/folding, and presorting/bulk mailing.
- Design & Construction: Develops budgets, oversees architect/engineer selection, technical review of plans, supervises bidding process, administers construction projects for buildings, roofing, and asbestos abatement programs.
- Facilities Management: Provides statewide property management needs, environmental control and custodial and security services. Facilities Services staff also maintains Capitol Mall grounds and buildings, manages the Idaho Falls and Lewiston State Office Buildings, and administers Mall parking and security.
- Facilities Leasing: Provides assistance in locating office space, statewide leasing analysis and lease preparation.
- The Division of Purchasing provides training and support to agencies in purchasing requirements through lease/purchase of goods, services, parts, supplies, and equipment.
- Federal Surplus Property: Obtains, transports, warehouses, and distributes federal surplus property.