What we do
Providing service to our clients is Risk Management’s top priority. Whether we are restoring a building destroyed by fire, defending a state employee that is sued for doing his job, or replacing a damaged vehicle, our goal is to help our agencies quickly and efficiently.
Risk Management (Risk) acts as the State’s Property and Casualty Insurance Manager. Risk was created by the Idaho Legislature to protect and conserve the state’s human and physical assets. We do this by using the most cost effective blend of insurance products and self-retention. The breadth and depth of Risk’s offering is substantial and reaches across all of state government.
Covered entities include state agencies or their subsidiaries, any entity under the state’s control for which it assumes active management, Idaho public health districts, state employees, members of boards of commissions, state universities and colleges, authorized volunteers and elected or appointed officials. Our covered entities are diverse in their composition of risk exposures and each has very unique concerns.
Our Risk staff is dedicated to identifying and providing effective programs to both reduce exposure to loss and to control the cost of loss.
We protect Idaho state assets and employees by providing services and resources that minimize the risk of loss.
We provide excellent customer service to our agency partners. We do this through: Education, Communication, Collaboration, Innovation and Integrity.
- Education: We pursue professionalism and expertise gained through agency and employee enrichment and development.
- Communication: We build open and honest relationships with our employees and our customers.
- Collaboration: We partner with our customers and vendors for mutual success.
- Innovation: We are creative in delivering value to our customers by creating effective solutions.
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest ethical performance standards by being professional and honest in our working relationships and honoring our commitments.
Governing Idaho Statutes
- 67-5760 Insurance Management
- 67-5773 Powers and Duties – Risk Management
- 67-5774 Position of Risk Manager Created
- 67-5775 Risk Management Guidelines
- 67-5776 Retained Risk Accounts
- 67-5777 Interdepartmental Transactions
- 67-5778 Collection of Delinquent Payments
- Title 6-Chapter 9 Tort Claims Against Governmental Entities
Photo: Idaho Transportation Department